Monday, September 1, 2008

Save the House Where Superman was Born

For years I have heard of people, customers usually sometimes a blogger, talk about how when they went on a trip to Cleveland they decided to stop and look at the house where Jerry Siegel created Superman. It is not a historical site, or a museum, but the couple who live there from all accounts are happy to let strangers stop by and look at the place, and sit in the room where 2 men created something that, whether you want to admit it or not, gave so many of us something to aspire to as children. Some of us never stopped using it as inspiration. I know it is cool to hate Superman, he isn't dark or gritty and he does the right thing, but no matter what comic book characters you looked up to as a child, this is an important historical place worth preserving.

I know if I ever find myself anywhere near Cleveland I would like to stop by and visit this house, and it sure would be nice to say "I helped Save this Place"

No comments: